Do you enjoy a good gothic novel? Do you wonder what it would have been like to be a part of a trio of three gifted sisters living a lonely existence in the moors? Then you will enjoy the All About the Brontes Challenge!
1. The All About the Brontes challenge will run from January 1st to June 30, 2010. You can post a review before this date if you wish.
2. You can read a book, watch a movie, listen to an audiobook, anything Bronte related that you would like. Reading, watching, or listening to a favorite Bronte related item again for the second, third, or more time is also allowed.
3. The goal will be to read, watch, listen, to 3 to 6 (or beyond) anything Bronte items.
4. Please sign-up by posting your blog entry on the number of items and what items you would like to do for this challenge below in Mr. Linky. Don't worry, you can do different things than you have listed. I myself am not always good at sticking to lists!
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
I have really enjoyed listening to Jane Austen on audiobook and want to discover how the Bronte novels sound on audiobook. It's time to reread these novels, so I'm going to spice it up by listening to them this time around.
1. The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte by Syrie James (I've been meaning to read this since I first heard about it and can't wait to read it!)
2. The Wide Sargasso Sea by by Jean Rhys (I've been meaning to read this for years and a friend just passed me a copy . . . I think it is meant to be!)
3. Emily's Ghost: A Novel of the Bronte Sisters by Denise Giardina
4. Jillian Dare by Melanie M. Jeschke
5. The Infernal World of Branwell Bronte by Daphne Du Maurier (I've had this book for at least a decade and Du Maurier is one of my favorite authors. Now is a good time to finally read it!)
1. Jane Eyre (BBC - 1970)
2. Wuthering Heights (1970 - starring Timothy Dalton)fore. He has been going through the motions and trying to move on with his life with his young son Jonah. He meets Jonah’s new teacher Sarah and suddenly starts to love and live life again. A tragic set of circumstances sets Miles back to a dangerous obsession with trying to find his wife’s killer and threatens to destroy his new relationship with Sarah.